Thursday, July 14, 2011

Quilting Tips needed

ok ladies I need some advice now

my Bear Paws quilt top is FINISHED



and its a HUGE 90" x 90" which means I have big enough
drop on each side to make me happy :)

BUT

I want to quilt it, nothing fancy just in the ditch so who has some

hints and tips for me to do this.

I plan on moving my machine out to the dining table again so I have room to move

and I'll baste it my usual way with the spray baste, but should I also pin it??

oh so exciting I LOVE his quilt



3 comments:

  1. I have never sprayed baste so I am not sure if you should pin or not. I always pin big/stitch baste big large projects like that...

    Gosh it looks great!. I am not sure about where to ditch stitch... I tend to need to mull over over a few days/weeks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I machine quilt lots of quilts on my machine - mostly smaller ones but I have done some about 2m square. My best advice - make sure all three layers are really flat - almost streched out so there are not wrinkles and i think you will be fine. I am pedantic in the pinning stage and it pays off in the quilting. I am sure that it will be the same for spray basting. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete