Wednesday, February 29, 2012

13 Down & Photos of a finish

110 to go

yep 110 hexagons left to stitch and applique the
centres on for my Kaleidscope Hexagon quilt

the 13 that I have finished


the box beside the couch with 20 waiting to have their
centres stitch on


and a close up of the ones that are finished


and what the final result should look like, but I prefer straight edges so
I am thinking I will make a few half hexies so it will be square-ish


It's very overcast and a bit chilly today so this is where
you will find Henrycat if you come looking for him.
This is his quilt, he will only sit sleep on the couch if this
is pulled off the back for him, last night we had to pull ot down
so he would eat his ice cream.



We don't think we are going to get the 40-80mm of rain today they are predicting
the 'big' rains are further north, Bega the lucky town with Big W (45mins away) is on flood watch
but we are in for some biggish rain over the next 5 days.

Perfect sewing weather really.

I was just emailing Kris with my OPAM finishes for Jan/Feb when I realised
I hadn't put up any photos of Mums chemo quilt all finished




a close up of the quilting



and the backing, I LOVE the backing fabric



5 comments:

  1. There is just no stopping you! Well done and I love your mums quilt xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Kate! You've got more patience than me working on those hexies! :0) Love your Mum's quilt and I'm sure it will make her feel wrapped in hugs whenever she's snuggled in it - well done! And its on the spreadsheet as an OPAM finish for you! :0) Enjoy your stitching time with kitty! :0) Bear Hugs! KRIS

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your hexie quilt is going to look fantastic xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow... hexies look scrumptious and delicious

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your mum's quilt is gorgeous as are your hexi's - stay dry!

    ReplyDelete