we have received 107mm of rain since 9am
we received 76.2mm of rain between midnight and 9 am
its very soggy indeed.
and apparently there is more rain on the way
I didn't shut the lounge room/dining room windows last
night before I went to bed so when dh got up he had to do a
spot of mopping, oops, Henrys little quilt had to go into the
dryer, dh's laptop got a wash too, but its all ok and working
fine and Miss Emma's doona got an unexpected wash, so we
lit the fire to dry it out, it may have been chilly outside but
it was toasty warm inside :)
the bright side of all that rain is its perfect guilt
free sewing time
not that I go to do much of that today
dh and I went to Merimbula in the rain this morning
to get some backing fabric for my in the garden quilt,
some floss for the last button club wall hanging
'Christmas Fun'
some new blue washaway clover pens (I bought 3)
and a crappy white pen for dark fabric
some fabric to bind a quilt that I bought home
to quilt on Frank for mum and
umbrellas for the girlies
and a short expensive trip to Woolies for a few groceries
and I mean a few, $150 later we were on our way home
so dh could go to work and I could do the
washing, prepped some more centres for my hexagon quilt
and cut out some more white fabric ready for tomorrow when I
get to sew up a storm making some more hexies,
and I want to prep the first button block ready for tomorrow night
bloody stupid football is on so I am downstairs for the evening......
and I ordered season 1 of Lark Rise to Candleford at Sanity
it was a great way to spend a miserable day :)
I hope you guys are out of the path of the flood waters. That was us a month ago and it is not a good place to be. If you are safe, enjoy sewing.
ReplyDeleteDebra
Sounds like you are going to be busy. Take care in all this wet weather. xx
ReplyDeleteLove, love, love Lark Rise to Candleford! I have all four!
ReplyDelete