Thursday, July 12, 2012

Three Friends

I am so glad the weather is cold, then I don't feel
guilty for being inside by the heater stitching

Last night I finished block 2 of Friends for Christmas

'Three Friends'


and I was also able to stitch down 'The Tree' on
block 3. Lots of little bias stems I think it took me
3 hours just to stitch the tree.

I am almost out of freezer paper, so I have ordered some
online as it wasn't available locally
and some of my favourite stitching needles

Clover Black Gold needles, quilting size 10, 
I can't wait for them all to arrive.

My big sewing lamp has died and I am having to use a tiny daylight desk lamp
so I am ordering a new one next week, from the same online store 
I am getting my freezer paper and needles from.

I am happy though from my box of freezer paper I have managed to get
a few quilts that I have needleturn appliquéd they are 

Berries and Bluebirds 
Homecoming Lane 
In my Garden 
Friends for Christmas 
A Gardeners' Journal 
and
Some Kind of Wonderful


I think I have a needleturn appliqué addiction :)

I hope its warm wherever you are :)




4 comments:

  1. Looking great kate! You are a machine lol!
    x Sarah
    PS: re: pink runners.... have you tried the CROCS website? I *hate* crocs myself, but (yes BUT) they have some gorgeous shoes out now!! I am sure I seen pink ones at one time for women!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi kate...hmmmmm great repro fabrics.....yummy...dont forget if you are ever lost for those number 10 needles I have them..rofl..looking good.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kate
    The blocks are looking great, love all thngs Christmas.

    The weather here in Canada is glorious, too hot even, we had -30 in January now +30 in July! Hope you manage to stay warm!

    ReplyDelete