Sunday, March 3, 2013

Re-Arranging the Sewing Cave


it was uber cluttered and I couldn't find
anything so today I asked 2 girlies what they were
doing and when their reply was nothing....

I got them busy. We have unpacked cupboards and shelves
re organised plastic tubs of fabrics

we have moved shelves and cupboards
and moved them again.

My one issue was my design wall. In our house in
Tasmania and the house we lived in when we first
arrived in Eden, I had a full wall for my design wall
in this house I didn't, I had a quarter wall......

well I almost have a full design wall again

here is my new and improved sewing cave, please
excuse the floor, I haven't vacuumed it yet

looking in from the doorway
see my design wall......


my design wall, with the centre block for
Aunt Grace's Circle of Friends, Butterfly Garden,
Mum's quilt, 2 Bee Blocks and my hexagons


this shelf unit used to stand upright,
dh suggested we flip it on its side and I must say it was
a fabulous idea, I can see a narrow shelf topper in my
immediate future :)


Dh also took the door off my Horn cabinet, as there was 
no room to stand at my cutting table when it was open
suits me to a tee as my sewing machine had mm to spare
whenever it had to be put away in the cabinet


my cutting table, back in the corner with my rulers
hanging again 


& all my little quilts, I still have to find room
for another 3 small quilts


this black box is cause of all my lack of wall
space issues, sadly I can't move it as its got something to do 
with the Port believe me if I could move it would be
out in the sunroom not in my sewing room




2 comments:

  1. Love your sewing area. Maybe this year I will get a room too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOw Miss Kate, that is one serious sewing cave. I am really impressed. You certainly take your craft seriously and I am in awe. Well done you!!! Love all your little quilts, they are really cool and must always inspire you being up on the wall.

    ReplyDelete