and I need some advice from wise ones
who have hopefuly dealt with our issue
before us.
Miss S has a 'best friend' Miss G
now Miss S is very popular with her friends
Miss G isn't Miss S is her ONLY friend
whenever Miss S asks someone else to be her partner
for something at school
Miss G becomes so nasty which is what happened today
at school
Now us mothers have always let them sort it out themselves
but tonight while I was doing my class at the gym,
Miss G turned on my baby girl, she was so mean to her
Miss I is now refusing to go to the gym at night
because Miss G is there.
My baby girl doesn't have a mean bone in her body
and for me to collect her and have her burst into tears
as soon as she saw me because of Miss G, has made my
blood boil.
My advice to the girlies was to ignore her at school
and when she asked Miss S to go for a play to say no thanks
and if she asked her to be her partner for anything to say
no thanks XXXX is my partner today.
Have I told them the wrong thing??
There is no point talking to her mother because her reply is
always oh thats just Miss G......
but its hard as her mum and I are such good friends, we do
WW together, we go to the gym together
we have afternoon drinkies, we go on trips etc etc
so HELP WISE ONEs please.
what did you do, because I am ready to
slap that child into next year.
I think you did the right thing Kate - good advise!
ReplyDeleteNeutral and non threatening.
A hard one. It will blow over - you know it will.
Sounds to me like little Miss G has the makings of a bully if this is not nipped in the bud. You are right to support your DD and give her ways to deal with the situation. But I think you do need to talk with her mom and explain that your daughter is feeling pressure because her daughter doesn't have other friends. Encourage her to work with her daughter to build friendships. Maybe then she'll see that her daughter has some behaviours that need attention.
ReplyDelete