Thursday, March 3, 2011

its been a DIY kind of day

with a little spot of sewing of the bear paws thrown in

Last winter we got a whopper of a power bill

$1700 for 3 months

our heat pump which was on 24/7 cost us $330 for those
3 months, the culprits of the outrageous amount were the
panel heaters on the landing downstairs and in the girlies
room.

Tomorrow we have our electrican coming to wire the panel heaters in
and to replace our sensor light out the front before daylight savings ends

So this afternoon my handy Daddy came and hung the heaters


the landing heater, and I still  have to move the quilt hangers up higher so the girlies
Little Bluebirds quilt can go back up, but I will do that after the
sparkie has worked his magic


the bunkers heater

then I got the ladder out as 2 lights in the kitchen had blown
and replaced the bulbs


and I put the cover back on the bathroom light which falls off
every 3 months or so, and always in the early hours of the
morning which scares the life out of me lol


not an easy feet as I have to stand on the 2nd highest rung of the ladder
to reach as we have 9 ft ceilings, my heart races everytime I have to do it.


and I put together an outdoor heater
so we can continure to use our deck for Friday afternoon drinks with
some of the mums from school lol

because it is getting very chilly here and I am wondering if we are in
for an early winter....and a cold one


2 comments:

  1. I can't believe your thinking of heating.........the only thing on my mind is how to stay cool...........

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kate, yep it's starting to cool down on this side of the Tasman too. I wonder if we are in for an early/long Winter. I hope not.

    ReplyDelete