Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Dilly Bags & Telemarketers

Sophie and Emma are going on a scout camp
next weekend and while I was reading what they
would need, I noticed the words
'Dilly Bag or similar for eating equipment'

I instantly knew that I would make them a dilly bag each
and knew exactly what I wanted them to look like

yesterday I made a start on them, today I finished them off

and I am so happy with how they turned out.



Sophies


Emma's


no chance of them being lost, they are one of a kind :)

Today I managed to cut out some more kites for my hexagon quilt, and 
I sorted out the rest of the pieces for my foundation pieced smal quilt
into bags so I can just grab and sew when I get a few spare minutes.

Telemarketers are the thorns in all our sides,

we have been getting calls from a gold coast number, every 2 days 
calls which as soon as you answer hang up, so today I called them back
(the joy of caller id) and let them have it. I don't think they will be calling
here anymore lol. They did try and deny it, but took our number and said they would
'sort it out'. 

ARRRRRRRGH

Miss Sarah, I always have a couple of projects on the go, so I don't get bored

my Pies and Tarts was finished bar the quilting in December,
In My Garden was finished bar the quilting in January
Em's quilt was finished bar the binding July 2011

P&T and In My Garden were quilted in March

I currently have on the go

Kaleidascope Hexagons (queen bed sized)
Miss K's quilt (single bed sized)
and my small quilt

my currently night time project is

Kaleidascope Hexagon centres, need to find another as I only have 17 centres
left to sew before I run out of hexies I need to make more hexies 



1 comment:

  1. Hi sweetie, I get really peeved with telemarketers too and just recently got so p'sd off that I kept a good old fashioned whistle next to the phone. Next time they called and wouldn't take no for an answer I gave them the whistle - problem solved, no more calls. Yeah!
    have a great day, Miche'le

    ReplyDelete