I have no life,lol
well I do but Sarah made a comment that
made me think,
she asked how I managed to get so much sewing done
so I thought about it and worked it out
a typical day for me goes like this
* 7:30-8am I get up, and get the family
out the door for school/work by 8:45 at the latest
* I put the washing on as soon as I get up
* clean up the breakfast/school lunch mess
* shower & dress
* drink coffee and chat to henrycat
* hang out the washing and make sure something is thawing
for dinner
* collect the mail and the paper from in town
* more coffee while reading the paper
then by 10:30-11am
I get to do what I want which usually involves
sewing something fun
* 12:30-1pm dh come home for lunch
back into my sewing by 1:30-2pm
* I head out to collect the girlies from school, call into the
supermarket if needed
then home, get them afternoon tea, supervise homework
and finish off whatever is under the foot of my sewing machine
I don't do any machine work when dh is home, thats family time
collect the washing
start dinner
we eat 6-6:30pm, dishes done by 7pm
then we watch the biggest loser, kids have showers,
teeth and bed for them by 8:15pm
then I get to sit on the couch and do some hand sewing
(currently stitching the centres on my Kaleidascope hexagons)
until I go to bed which is usually midnightish sometimes later
go to bed, sleep, and start it all over again
as a general rule
Monday is housework day
every 2nd Thursday is grocery shopping day
3rd Monday of eash month is my out of the house
sewing day with the local quilting group
what makes it easier for me to do so much is I am not big on clutter
it's a case of use it or lose in this house, and I have big clean outs
frequently and I cannot stand piles of 'stuff' anywhere,
except for my sewing room
I WILL NOT clean the kids rooms, they are responsible for
making their beds, putting out their washing and
keeping their rooms clean. If they don't do it they don't
get any pocket money.
I like to be organised
and as I am getting older
I CAN"T STAND ANY MESS
as we are renting here, this house has NO GARDEN
we only have to mow and dh does that
so my weekdays are my own to do what I want
weekends dh plays golf and Sundays are family day
we head to the beach, go for drives or just hang out at home.
Its a good life, its my life and I love it :)
Sounds lovely enjoy
ReplyDeleteSounds like a good plan! It's great to love your life.
ReplyDeleteYEs but even with that small window of sewing yo GET SO MUCH DONE!!!
ReplyDeleteand so little sleep. Been doing the 11 - 12 bed times lately and it is killing me.