Monday, April 2, 2012

A Mama Update

As you know my mama was
dealt a nasty double cancer diagnosis
and even though she is under going
radiation and chemotherapy it just
didn't seem real because she was going
so well

Last week while hubby and I were in the middle of
Big W shopping I received a message from my sister
with a photo attached....

of my mama wearing a head scarf.
and
I wanted to cry because it had really hit home
that she was ill, very ill.

My mama has lost her hair,
needs a blood transfusion
and
is fighting a nasty chest infection
thanks to the flu bug she picked up

so tonight I had to tell the girlies that
grandma would be wearing a scarf when we
skyped for a while, because the medicine the
doctors were giving her had made her hair fallout

Miss Emma instantly asked if Grandma had cancer :(
I told her that you can lose your hair for lots of reasons

and that it would grow back.

But I am worried for my mum, she looks so pale
and tired....

and I would dearly love to jump in the car and head for the
airport to be able to give her a hug.

I'll be back with a happier post tomorrow.





8 comments:

  1. Awww honey, I wish I could give you a hug too. You are being so brave, you, your Mum and your girls are in my prayers xxxx
    hugs Miche'le

    ReplyDelete
  2. I so feel for you Kate being so far away. Skyping is a great way to stay in touch and the next best thing to actually being there. Big Hugs XX Fee X

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Kate. I know I will not have any words that will help sooth you... It is such a emotional time...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Miss Kate, the reality is hard isn't it? It's easier to not have to see the reality everyday even though you knew it was going to happen. Just be there for your Mum and SKYPE will be a fantastic way to keep her smiling. Your girls are very bright and as Emma proved to you, know the things that can happen in life. The hardest bit will be being honest with yourself and them. Make sure you have big talk times with Paul, he will be there for you and help carry the load.
    Sending you huge hugs and lots of strength your way sweet. xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Kate, sorry to hear you are having such hard times at the moment, I hope your mum gets the treatment she needs and is comfortable, who knows, maybe a miracle will come along...
    Hugs, Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. hi miss kate..yes its awful...hope your mum is coping ok...my friend is also undergoing chemo..its so awful for them...
    Hugs to ya

    ReplyDelete
  8. So sorry about your mom, and I certainly know how you feel as I lost my hubby to cancer, I will be keeping your mom in my prayers, hugs Barbara

    ReplyDelete