Tuesday, December 23, 2008

3 more big sleeps

till Santa comes :)

I drove 4.5 hours to collect my mum and dad and then on Friday we did it all over again to get home. My lil car was dream to drive on the trip and it now needs it 15000 km service :( I still can't believe that I have driven 15000 + kms in the 12 months I have had it.....

it was dh's turn for a drive today. He had an 11 hour round trip as he needed a seaman's medical, unfortunately the closet Dr who does them was a 5.5 hr drive away, but he did manage to pay a visit to Leonard's Chicken and stocked up on it for us, its been over 12 months since we have eaten Leonard's tomorrow night we are dining on Chicken Kiev yummo :)

Its been so nice having mum and dad here, we haven't really done very much but the ironing is done everyday and I don't have to clean the kitchen up :) I'm going to miss them when they leave and I wish I was leaving with them and going home to our house in Launceston.......only 800 odds days to go lol.

We are in full Christmas preparation mode here. Mum and I have a needle turn applique class tomorrow then we are hitting the supermarket to do the final Christmas food shop. Wednesday we are cooking roast pork and chickens, and we have coleslaw, salads, fruit platters and desserts to make and Wednesday night once the girlie's are asleep its present wrapping time. I wrap nothing until Christmas eve is always a long job but its my little tradition. The girlie's are making chocolate balls tomorrow afternoon.

Lots of bushfire's around us at the moment, we had a thunderstorm roll through on Saturday morning with alot of lightening, and unfortunately the lightening started fires in the National Park so we are all hoping they are out in the next few days so we can go to the national park to show ma and pa just how beautiful our area is.

The girlie's are very excited about Santa's impending visit its a hot topic here, it's been really warm too so their pool is up and each day the girls and the dog have a swim. We are looking at 25 on Christmas day and thunderstorms with more lightening. we had to shut all our windows earlier as the house was filling up with smokey air, not nice at all.

Not much sewing happening, I have been working on Little Bluebirds part 3 which means I have 3 more blocks to do then I am caught up lol. Makes for great nighttime sewing :)

If I don't get back before the man in the red suit arrives I just want to wish you all and happy healthy and safe Christmas and I hope that Santa pays a visit and your day is magical.

Merry Christmas everyone :)

1 comment:

  1. It's difficult to imagine a hot and sunny Christmas! How lovely for you to have your parents with you, my best wishes to you and your family for a very happy and safe Christmas.

    ReplyDelete