Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Binding Issues

Is what I have had for the last few days

Last night I rectified it all though I worked it out and cut it out and tonight I get to sit and sew the binding on the tree skirt :)

I have only ever used continuous binding with mitred corners but the tree skirt required a 29" square cut in half on the diagonal then I had to draw lines across it at 1 3/4" spaces....managed to do that it was the sew the short ends together and cut that had me stumped but eventually figured it out and next time I use a pattern that calls for that type of binding I know I have to match the drawn lines up lol lol lol

but all is good and hopefully tomorrow I'll have a picture to share.

The girlie's school concert was great but I wasn't in the best photo taking spot so I didn't get any. Thursday night is kindy graduation so I will definitely get some photos of that milestone.

I collected the girlie's book packs for next year this morning ($190 I might add for 2 x year 3 and 1 pre primary). The littlest girlie is concerned because she doesn't have a pencil case I told her we would fix that before school starts lol.

Tomorrow is back to work on the bed runner day I am running out of time on 16 big sleeps until gumdrops and frumpa arrive, us girlie's are getting very very excited :)

Hope you all have had a great day, I am off to do some blog hopping and some binding sewing

1 comment: