Monday, January 10, 2011

Down in the Garden progress and Treasures

I am almost caught up....ALMOST in the Down in the Garden BOM phew, there have been a few late nights while I stitch away but I have to admit, I am rather enjoying it.

Block 1


Block 2


Block 3


Block 4


Block 5 (working on this one ATM)


I still have to do the little dresdan plates to do and applique the butterflies on and
add a few stem stitch centres, once all the stitcheries done and I will add the
missing applique bits
and my treasures....

remember on my New Year post I said I found a treasure but forgot
the photo, well here it  they are

I found this little sailor boy who is now



a companion for this little sailor boy, who has been
in the family forever, my grandma received this one
from the crew of a ship she and grandpa sailed on,


here they are together


and Dolly, well she has been in my mums family forever
Grandma passed her down to mum, who when I had Miss I in 2003
passed it on to me.


she has 2 left feet


and dangly earrings


we have no idea how old she is, where she originally came from or her worth,
but to me she is priceless and I feel honoured to have her.

I just need to decide WHICH of my girlies receives her when the time is right....

Called in to Calico Crossroads today to collect the next 2 installments of
Friends for Christmas (not that I have done the first 2 yet lol) and I found the
perfect quilt rack, which I am going to buy for myself, very very soon :)


 

1 comment: