Confession is good for the soul
so I guess I should confess
dh applied for a harbour Masters job
dh got an intervew for said harbour masters job
someone from NSW flew to Melbourne today to actually meet him face to face
and now we wait for a yay or a nay.
If he gets it, and we are very confident he will
we will be moving (again)
this time to NSW, to the Sapphire Coast
a little town halfway betwen Melbourne and Sydney
its 475 kms to Sydney
3 hours to Canberra
BUT
and there is always a BUT lol
there is no relocation package for us this time
which means, we have to pay
and I just got a quote in from our favourite removalist company
and all I can say is
OUCH OUCH OUCH
who would have thought that moving from Tassie to NSW
could be so mind blowingly expensive
we could pay nearly 8 months worth of
mortgage payments
so please keep your fingers crossed for us
that we win lotto sometime in the next 3 weeks
** I spoke to dh about the lack of a relocation package
and he said that it is not common for them to be offered
WA gave us one due to the extremely remote location and
to make it more appealing , our move to WA and home again
would have paid our mortgage for 3 1/2years**
and he said that it is not common for them to be offered
WA gave us one due to the extremely remote location and
to make it more appealing , our move to WA and home again
would have paid our mortgage for 3 1/2years**
well you shoulda stayed here... lol..
ReplyDeletegood luck! I thought something might have been in the cards!
Thats terrible that they won't pay relocation fees Kate. They had better make the offer really good.
ReplyDeleteOh dear. Good luck. Haivng moved a few times I know how expensive ut can be and how disruptive! But i kind of think you will love the sapphire coast! It is so pretty there. hope it all works out!
ReplyDelete