Monday, July 6, 2009

Its Finished

the quilt top for my bed, no photo's yet as the camera batteries are flat!

now I just need to wait for the 3.10m wide wadding to arrive, select the backing fabric and send it off to the quilting lady :)

I have made HUGE progress on Frumpa's quilt, I have 5 more blocks to put together then I am ready to sew all the blocks into a top, select fabric for the borders add them and I'll be good to quilt, this one I will attempt to do on the beast, but I am hoping a friend will do it for me on her frame during the week. I NEED to get it finished and posted by Friday at the latest, no pressure at all lol

We have had a quiet weekend, the girlie's are all hooked on their DS's which I don't mind as it's school holidays for the next 2 weeks and they aren't watching tv at all, but they are sent outside to play at regular intervals

Plans for this week at least 2 full days of sewing for Frumpa's quilt, a trip to the library, maybe to the movies and general holiday mode laziness.

DH is hoping to take a week off sometime this month and if he gets it we are out of here and going away for some time out, only to Perth, means I can visit the Sanshi shop, and hopefully leave with some gorgeous Japanese fabrics, take the girlie's to the museum and Sci tech if its open, he wasn't able to get any leave for August so we have had to cancel our big trip away :( but we will get away in the camper trailer before the year is out.

Have a great week and I'll back as soon as the batteries are charged or I borrow one of the girls camera's.

No comments:

Post a Comment