I have discovered making clothes is not in my vocabulary for a very good reason.........
I made my skirt today I even learn't to sew a buttonhole
but
when I tried it on it is too big......
so do you think I could get away with just running in the side panels an inch each side??????
or am I back to the drawing board with the correct size skirt tomorrow????
sheesh and I was assured it was an easy anyone can make it skirt lol
It depends on the waist treatment. If the waist fits okay, and you have side seams, then you could take in the sides. If the waist is too big, you will have to redo it, unless it will always be covered with a top, then you can do what you like.
ReplyDeleteHey Kate, Melinda is so right however if there is a waistband and you don't mind the skirt itself sitting slightly loose you could alway thread elastic through the waistband - just a thought.
ReplyDeletehugs
Hey Kate, If it is the Make It It Perfect one. Just move the button hole further along. I made the large and it was a bit big - it just sits on lower waist. The medium is good but I had to extend the back ribbon so it was same size when I bowed it...
ReplyDeleteI would unpick and recut from the original panels. YOu wont waste the bands - just reuse... I know time...