Today I went to learn how to applique properly on the sewing machine, but what I really want to do is learn ow to do needle turn applique, so I am off the my LPS in the next few days to have a quick one on one lesson, but at least I can applique on my sewing machine.
Yesterday the big girlies started dancing classes, I had to giggle at them, and they seriously need to do some practice, so that might be on the agenda for tomorrow afternoon.
The weather here has been absolutely atrocious, windy, rainy just miserable cold weather. It was a long night for me last night I was waiting for the roof to come off, after going through Cyclone Larry, we were living in Cairns I really dislike the wind unfortunately we live in what has to be the windiest town in Western Australia so I get a bit nervous.
I am still basting mums Christmas present and I changed the green fabric as I really didn't like the original green, hopefully I will get enough basting done tonight o be able to start sewing the 6 point stars together tomorrow.
Girlie # 2 has finally chosen a quilt pattern so I have selected the fabric's and added them to the to do pile and she is happy. Today I got the fabric for Chookyblues Christmas swap, but, I didn't get quite enough (5cms short) so I'll get that tomorrow and practice my machine applique. I love the design I am doing so I will be making 2, 1 for .......... and 1 for me. Will share the pics of all the fabrics tomorrow.
Have a great night I am off to watch Time Team on the ABC, then its bath and bed time for the girlies and then its time to get sewing.
Will be back tomorrow with piccies .
Enjoy :)
No comments:
Post a Comment