My baby girl is having her first ever birthday party on Wednesday and she decided that she didn't want normal party bags.....no my girl wanted fabric baskets, no problem says mum, and I let her select the fabrics (she did OK for a 5 year old lol) as Wednesday is sneaking up really quickly I had to start the party baskets today. I am pleased to say that after cutting, pining and sewing all afternoon and until 8:30 tonight the 'party baskets' are basically finished I just need to hand sew the lining hole closed. Then we get to fill them, and even better, my girl only wanted 3 little friends to come to her party so I only had to make 4 :) :) :) now if I could just wake up in the morning and find a birthday cake magically sitting on the bench I would be a very happy mummy because then I wouldn't have to stay up late tomorrow night making and decorating the cake she wants.
Tomorrow is shaping up to be a busy one. School goes back YIPPEE and as its Tuesday I have sewing :) then after I collect 3 girlie's from school we have to zip to the supermarket pick up some last minute party food then it will be cake making time.........dh asked why I do this to myself, men just don't get it sometimes lol.
The local Ag Show is on this week too, we are going as the girlie's have NEVER been to a show before and girlie # 1's quit has been entered (after much convincing for LPS owner) into the novice section, girlie # 1 is sooooooooooo excited. I still need to make a label for it so I will follow the label tutorial on Sarah's blog http://www.ifonlyihadchocolate.blogspot.com/ and get it on the back before I drop it off on Thursday.
so I will make sure I snap a photo of the completed and full party baskets and one of my sitting here waiting to be basted and quilted sampler quilt and I will have to get a photo of girlie # 1 and her 'on show' quilt.
and I really hope my order of repo fabrics arrive tomorrow.....I want to do some more Baby Jane bocks. So fingers crossed for me please that the Australia Post Gods are smiling down on me in the morning
Happy Stitching
No comments:
Post a Comment