Saturday, May 15, 2010

Lazy Day and a giveaway CLOSED

Well it has been a lazy day in this house.

No one got out of bed before 8:30am

the girlies got their own breakfasts :) :)

I stayed in my pj's until Gumdrops rang at 11:30 to say she would be over with chives, irises and to espaliade the lemon tree we bought.

So I made apple pies for Grandpa using yummy home grown apples from their tree then ran out of pastry so I still have some more to cook as soon as I get more pastry.

I have done the washing, cleaned the kitchen again and again and again lol

and I surfed the net

we then met up with friends for tea and took all the girlies to Macca's for ice cream and a play while the adults had coffee.

Now we are home the girlies are in bed, the naughty puppy is asleep in the lounge room, Harry is on the cat tower in safety and Henry is under my bed in hiding.

Tomorrow is sheet changing day and quilt washing day, I have more name labels to sew on the girlies uniforms and dh is leaving for home (finally)

roll on monday morning :) :) :)

and for the giveaway not that I have decided what it will be but this is my 400th post, so I thought a giveaway as in order, you know the drill

leave a comment and next Sunday a girlie will draw a name.

Check back tomorrow to see what you could win.



A copy of Anni Down's A Gardener's Journal (and join in the Stitch Along)



A Bali Pops thinigie, 42 2.5 inch strips

and when I can locate the right crate

5 fat quarters, Avairy by 3 Sisters for Moda

comment away please :)

10 comments:

  1. 400 posts Kate, thats amazing. I hope it make it that far and stay as interesting as you have. Thanks for being the inspiration you have always been.
    hugs Deb

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kate, Happy 400th blogiversary.This is just the weather to stay in your jammies and laze about. I have just finished night duty so off to bed for me. Pls pop me in the draw.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow 400 posts! That's dedication!!!
    I hope you enjoy having hubby home for a wee while, we'll understand if there's no posts while he's in town!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a lota posts Kate! It's such a great record of your life too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good to hear DH is on his way home... woohoo... even if only for a little time...

    ReplyDelete
  6. 400! yikes.....I have a way to go! I struggle to post once a week these days.....always enjoy reading your posts! Hope the man makes it home safely...even if it is only for two days.....!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have recently found your blog and went back and read everyone of those 400 posts, not someting that I do very often !
    Congratulations on the great achievement and have a great time with your DH home.
    We woke to a think fog that would have put yours from earlier on to shame, but at least it is all gone now and my sewing room will be warm enough to venture into.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I only just got out of my pj's and now I'm baking biscuits to send of to my dad,just because....
    Congratulations on reaching 400 posts.Try and stop by my blog in July as I'll also be having a giveaway then a "Christmas in July" one full of Chrissy goodness :) Barb.

    ReplyDelete
  9. 400 posts - WSOW truly amazing I say!!! That is true dedication huh. ... and for the record, this is a pretty good tiem of year for hanging out in your jammies!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats on your 400th post! Thank you for a wonderful giveaway too.

    ReplyDelete