as of tonight I am no longer spending hours chained to the oven preparing food that some certain small people all drool over while it is being cooked only to turn their noses up once it is on a plate so after another failed dinner and 1 child sitting at the table for 1.5hrs, who still had all her dinner in front of her, I might have had a small meltdown in which I informed them that I was fed up with cooking food for them only to have the dog eat it, and I was on strike.
They very quickly cleared out and put themselves to bed.
Jeepers Creepers they drive me crazy, if I gave them Macca's, KFC, Pizza even fish and chips every night there would be nothing left,but that is so not going to happen. if they are lucky I might make them a toasted sandwich for dinner tomorrow
Feeling like one bad mamma tonight, but I will not cave in, they are in the s**t big time lol
bloody kids
and do you like my header???
not to sure of the background though
Opinions on the background please
oh bad kidlets!.... there must be something in the air as mine have been bad too....
ReplyDeleteand yes I had the same problem with the middle child... he learnt and I was one mean mumma!
Love your new header!!!!!
Let me think about the background...
Header is great Kate and good on you. We went through that with our kids too and we never gave in. We had friends who used to cook separate meals for the kids of stuff they knew they would eat and I refused point blank to do that. They ate what was cooked or missed out.... they learnt....eventually although sometimes they ended up making themselves sandwiches. I didn't care as long as I didn't make it by that stage.
ReplyDeletehugs Deb
My sister had the smae problem,was making diferent meals for the kids and then one for her and her hubby.She got wise and they either eat what's in front of them or go to bed hungry,no snacks or bowls of cereal before bed like they'd usually try to do to her.They soon started eating or go hungry as she said it's their choice :) Barb.
ReplyDeleteI used to make 'hamburgers'. The 'meat' pattie was mainly vegetables mashed so much they were unrecognisable which was the point really.It was about a third meat and held together with egg. Don't stress too much. The doctor told me children wouldn't starve themsleves. Sorry to tell you but my 20 year old son still does not like my cooking. (Hubbie does.) At least now when he complains I just show the stove! :-)
ReplyDeleteThe header is gorgeous.
ReplyDeleteMy son was the same. I would put his dinner in front of him and then give him 30mins to eat it. If it wasn't eaten it went in the fridge and he left the table. When he complained that he was hungry the dinner came out of the fridge for him to eat. He eventually learnt to eat what he was given. He also wouldn't eat his school lunches that I made so started making his own at 7yrs old. He made exactly what I made but ate it because HE made it.
I totally understand how you feel! I have 3 kids, and its so hard to cook a meal that they all like! My youngest decides if she likes things before she even tries them...so annoying!
ReplyDeleteLisa