Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Winters almost here

Oh lordy its turned cold and turned quickly

we had a max of 15 today with a very cold artic wind blowing unfortunately I was in and out today so I haven't done ANY sewing at all and oh my goodness Jack Frost will be visiting tonight with a minumum of 1 degree going for a high of 14 lol, I think I might just spend the day with the heater set on a gorgeous 22, I do have to pop out at 11 to deliver library books to Mrs Y, otherwise I shall be inside where its warm at the sewing machine.

its been so cold I have taken pity on the naughty puppy and we have been letting him in after tea for a couple of hours, he likes to be where the action is so this is what I had to contend with Sunday night


made it interesteing when I needed to iron

today I got a call to say the bookshelf I ordered a few weeks ago was ready, so dad and I went to get it. It was a bargin at $105, brand new and made by the sheltered workshop guys here in town and meant I could finally unpack the last 4 boxes of books that have been stacked in the corner since we got back into the house, it doesneed to bepainted or stained but I am saving that job for dh IF he evers makes it home.


excuse the mess on the top and the floor

of course Henry had to claim an empty box as his own, curled up and went to sleep for the afternoon, packing paper and all



and finally my 'design' wall is filling up with Baby Jane blocks



7 blocks to go, both pieced and appliqued

so exciting

I hope you are warm where ever you might be

1 comment:

  1. Kate, the new bookshelf is yummy. Your Dear Janes are looking fabulous, you inspire me, now keep it up and I might get back to the machine. You are the reason on the top of my list as to why I have to get back to it- I promise I am getting there.
    hugs Deb

    ReplyDelete