I have had a very productive day at the sewing machine :)
My secret Santa gift is FINISHED (I love it and want to keep it) I just need to wrap and post it to a far away land :)
I have also made a little pincushion and a scissor keeper, now I just need some little scissors to put in it
I bought Anni Downs 'An Angel Story' book yesterday so to celebrate I used her pin cushion and scissor keeper pattern. I do need some lessons on sewing a circle to a strip of fabric I have a few pleats oops but I am impressed for my first go, I also have her A Christmas Story book, the Christmas quilt is on my to do list next year.
Girlie # 3 had dancing and then went to her friends house for a play, I was supposed to do some housework but the sewing machine was calling me louder than the Dyson.....I did do some washing and hung it in the dryer as it rained again. The very naughty puppy Tanis went for a wander this morning and didn't return home until 1:30......then went again while I was collecting girlie # 3....naughty naughty puppy.
The weekend is looking to be fairly quiet, tomorrow we are off to collect daddy from the airport then we have the girlie's school fete, then we have friends coming over in the afternoon so I guess there won't be to much sewing happening but I might get some of mums present stitched together, Christmas is sneaking up on me way way to fast I am so unprepared this year with only the big girlie's Santa present organised. I am thinking cd's, book's and some clothes as for lil girlie I still have no idea.
I am expecting some happy mail this week I ordered 2 Nancy Halvorsen books, Cottage Charms and True Friends I can't wait for them to arrive, a friend has the cottage charms book and I LOVED it, so hurry up Australia Post.
and for a bit of useless info did you know you can buy a tricky little applique foot for Janome sewing machines I bought one and it makes machine applique so much easier, would have to be the best $15 I have spent in a long time :) and will get the rest of the Noah and friends blocks
appliqued so much faster
and does anyone know if Spotlight sell costume patterns??? I am after an easy pattern for capes for the littlest girlie who loves to dress up, might have to get mum to investigate before she comes over in 47 days woo hoo my mummy is coming to stay :) :) :) I miss my mum, hate not being able to call in for morning tea and I have to admit I miss her surprise visits, mum had a key to our house and if you didn't answer the door fast enough she'd just let herself in, I suppose it was good that she at least knocked, I never did I just walk in :)
Hopefully it will only be another 12 - 18 months before the semi trailer and 2 shipping containers appear at our door to take us home, yep 2 containers we don't travel lightly lol.
Have a fabulous weekend everyone.
No comments:
Post a Comment