Friday, November 28, 2008

Tree Skirt

I am slowly making progress on the tree skirt. SLOWLY being the word lol



this is why I needed the 10 degree wedge so my V's match up






but I am not to happy with the amount of wastage I'll have to try and make something out of it all I think



and no helper today, Henry has had a hard morning of eating and chasing moths so this is how he has spent his day


and I still have 5.5 piles of strips to sew might be a long afternoon/night

The fabric range I am using is by Moda and will match the table runner perfectly which was my intention all along although I can't have the same backing as the table runner as the skirt needs fabric 2.2 metres wide, so I have a rather blah browny/beige fabric to use but its all good as you won't see the backing AT ALL and it will hide the dirt from the floor really really well. The living area floors in this house is sealed concrete.......awful awful awful, so hard to keep clean and the girlie's track sand inside constantly so I fight a constant battle with dirt and sand and the dead moths that Henry the great orange hunter kills nightly.

I hope everyone has had a great day :)

No comments:

Post a Comment