Tuesday, November 11, 2008

When the going gets tough

The tough go shopping!


after yesterdays news and having 3 lil girlie's all saying 'Oh yippee we can go home to our house' (the family home in Tasmania) and the aftermath of disappointment because we aren't (even I wanted to cry because we're not) they are now not happy that we need to move, at least school will be back so it 'should' be a bit easier on the day without them. Oh well these things happen I guess.


I digress sorry


I collected the big girlie's from school as they had dancing, and decided to cheer myself up with a trip to the LPS, where I purchased (used my gift voucher) the fabric for Anni Downs, An Angel Story quilt. I have been wanting to do this quilt for a while and one of next years projects is to do Anni's A Christmas Story quilt and have it ready FOR CHRISTMAS 2009, fingers crossed.

Here are my fabrics, I am using homespun for the angels backgrounds and 15 assorted prints, and the brown (under the floss) is for their shoes and hair. SO today's job is to start stitching :)

My WIP pile is expanding quickly

I have in various stages of completion

1 bed runner for Mum (almost ready to applique the paper peicing onto the background)

2 queens sized quilt 'Stars Above' for master bedroom

3 Little Bluebirds BOM (2 months behind, bad I know)

4 Noah and friends

5 Dear Baby Jane (3 down, 262 to go lol)

6 Sampler quilt (being quilted)

and in the To Do Pile is (fabric and pattern)

1 Girlie # 2's blue quilt

2 Girlie # 3's 'Simply Shabby Chic' from The Quilted Crow, in Hobart.

4 Mariners Compass lap quilt for dh

5 another master bedroom quilt 'State of Grace'

and

I have 2 wall hangings for the girlie's which just need quilting, think I might do the quilting myself.....

ONE DAY

have a fabulous day whatever you are doing, I am going to sew it's an overcast drizzy day here

2 comments:

  1. Hello Kate, house moving is a tough business, I know. I'm also planning to do the Angels' Story quilt next year as my big project, perhaps we can encourage each other along the way. That's a long list of WIPs you have there, but they probably don't need much doing to get them done and dusted do they? I'm beginning to build up a bit of a list myself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kate
    I did the big house move 7 weeks ago, my heart goes out to you sweetie. Just pack that craft space last, I needed to stitch to stay sane through it all.
    Blessings
    Janelle :)

    ReplyDelete